Lake County Enforcement of Court Orders Attorney

If you are having trouble with your ex-spouse violating a court order, contact our office today to discuss your case with the Lake County Divorce Attorney.

Sometimes when a divorce is finalized or a child custody and visitation order has been decreed, one or more of the parties will fail to live up to the guidelines explained in the order. Violating a family court order in the state of Illinois can actually be handled as a criminal offense. Most families would rather solve their conflicts within the family court system however, which is why Illinois state law has provided for the enforcement of court orders.

The Lake County Divorce Attorney will first file a motion with the family courts to hold the violating party in contempt of court. Depending on the situation, the party in violation may be arrested or just notified of the date of their hearing. At the hearing, evidence will be presented and the judge will rule accordingly.

Most clients need help enforcing the orders for spousal support payments and child support payments. Our legal team can also help you receive any court ordered property or assistance with orders to pay debts as a part of a divorce settlement agreement.

Even if your ex-spouse or parent of your child is failing to pay alimony or child support, you must understand that you need to follow the visitation schedule outlined in your visitation order. The family courts frown heavily on this type of behavior, and it could result in legal action against you if you withhold visitation from the parent of your child.

Our office has successfully handled all types of enforcement cases and can help you solve your conflict in a peaceful, swift manner. Contact us today for a free initial consultation regarding your case.