Modification of Child Support

Here at the law office of the Lake County Divorce Attorney, our legal team is dedicated to helping families solve their legal troubles as quickly as possible and as peacefully as possible.

If you need legal representation to potentially modify your child support order, contact our family law firm today for a free initial consultation with the Lace County Divorce Attorney.

The state of Illinois awards child support according to the best interests of the child and the financial ability of the paying party. However, if a child’s needs change after a child support order is made, the child’s legal guardian can petition the court for a modification of child support.

The non-custodial parent may also request a modification in support if the amount of their monthly net income has changed dramatically. While children must be provided for, the court understands that parents should not have to pay more child support than they can afford.

If you are dealing with a child support case, appoint a lawyer that can protect you and your child during the proceeding. Contact our office today for a free initial evaluation of your child custody case.